Hittin' the Trail
Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin
Imagine a place where you can walk beneath rare giant conifers and across nearly 2 billion-year-old rock, where you can traipse the scenic routes of old railroad lines alongside majestic rivers that feed the Mississippi, where you can whistle while passing rustic trout streams and turtle ponds or pause in reverent silence by ancient effigy mounds. The place is real: It’s called the Chippewa Valley.
Day Hiking Trails of the Chippewa Valley is the only complete guide to the region's great day hiking trails. With this volume, you can:
• Plan a day of fun family-friendly activities
• Discover the top trails of Wisconsin’s Eau Claire, Chippewa, Pepin and Dunn counties
• Learn the best places for walking the Ice Age National Scenic Trail
• Find directions, parking lots and more!
Released: March 28, 2016
• #1 New Release in Central United States Travel Guides (March 30, 2016)
• #13 in Travel > Central (May 7, 2016)
• #1 in Travel > United States > Wisconsin (May 6-8, 20-21, 2016)
• #3 in Travel > United States > Central (May 20, 2016)
• #11 in Travel > United States > Midwest (May 20, 2016)
Read sample pages